Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2003

Letter from Mom

Got a letter from Mom today about her trip to China with my dad and their friends. She told me about a dream she had:

"Last night, I dreamt that I was having a meal with your godmother and Peter's godmother Rita, then I suddenly saw you and Peter eating at another table near us. I was so surprised and walked to you and asked you why you didn't tell me you were coming home. Then I woke up.

Is it because the two of you have left us for so long that even in dreams, I can't help but miss you...?"


It has been tough for my Mom after Peter and I left Manila to move to Chicago. It's been 11 years since I left and sometimes I feel like its just yesterday. The tough part about being away from your family is that when you are feeling scared or lonely, or just needing moral support, you know that you have to rely on yourself even though you know that Mom and Dad would be behind you. I miss you, Mom.

Mood| Nostalgic

No comments: