Pages

Thursday, October 09, 2003

I am taking today and tomorrow off in order to use up my personal holidays at work. These days are not "refundable" and so I have to use it or lose it.

So far this morning, I have applied for about 10 jobs. Some of them look like they are a match. However, since I had started looking for a job on these career sites about a month ago, I had only had one company call me to discuss my qualifications. I must have applied for 100 jobs.

Most books will tell you to design your resume and cover letter to address each position. In most cases, I have tried to do this on my cover letter. However, these career sites don't make it easy for you to make slight changes to your resume before sending them. You have to really take some time and develop it before you are able to send it.

I am applying for jobs even though I am still pursuing the franchising thing just to make sure I am open to opportunities. It is a time-consuming process, but I guess I have to do it.

Mood | Productive

No comments: