Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Joe sent me a cool beatgreets card for my last day. It was an animated e-card with The B-52's singing "Rock Lobster." I love this song. This song is one of the most important songs in my life. I first heard this song when I was about 12ish, on my first trip to the US and Canada. When my family went to stay with my cousins in Toronto, this was the number 2 song on the Canadian charts (number 1 was "Heart of Glass" by Blondie). My cousin Richard has about 16 or 17 then, and he was crazy about this song and was always singing it with a goofy look on his face. I went out and bought that tape and also "Wild Planet" afterwards. I have been a fan of the B-52's since then. Even moreso later when I found out that they were a queer band. I guess, even though I did not have a name for what I was feeling then, I knew I was queer as well...

That trip really changed my life because since then, I knew that someday I would come and live here in the US.

This is what the card said:

"hope your last day is a smooth and quick one and i know better things await you.
love
joe"



Mood | Thankful

No comments: