Pages

Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Brian and I went to see Secondhand Lions last Saturday at Evanston. Evanston is fast becoming a place that Brian and I go to for movies. The theater is nice and clean, there is free parking, and for Brian, there are lots of young latinos and asians that he can ogle.

I enjoyed the movie a lot. It had an unexpected magical realism quality about it, specially the tall tales that the elder uncles tell the young Haley Joel Osment. The curmudgeons of course, had a heart of gold under the gruff exterior. Although, in this case, there was never really a "thawing out" period. The older men were just cranky and stayed that way. They never made it seem that the young boy was unwanted. They took on the responsibility freely, without reservation.

Haley Joel is turning out to be a cutie. I hope that he grows some muscles on him though. I think we will be seeing a lot more of this actor in the future.

Brian also made the comment that when he picks the movie, we always both enjoy it. I can't help it if I am a more forgiving movie-goer...


Mood | Busy

No comments: