Pages

Tuesday, October 07, 2003

I closed my AOL account today after probably 10 years of having it. In the past couple of years, I only kept it because I had my webpage (a rinky dink one) that I had set up and didn't want to get rid off until I had a new one going. When I got broadband, I changed my billing to the $4.95 "bring your own connection" plan. But I found that I didn't really use any of my e-mail addresses, I have not used AIM or messaging for the last few years, and it really was just $4.95 ($60/year) worth of staking my NoMilkPls user ID.

However, cancelling your account with AOL is like the longest, protracted process where the Customer Service Rep is constantly trying to either keep your account or sign up for a new plan. It took about 15 minutes before I was finally able to cancel my account. Another thing was, there was no way you can cancel your account online. You had to call them to do it. Unfortunately, those phone numbers cannot be found on their website either through hunting links. I finally had to do a google search to find the phone numbers. In case you were looking for them, here they are:

(24 hours, 7 days a week)
Billing Services: (800) 827-6364

For specific AOL inquiries, you can also use the following toll free numbers:
1-888-265-8003 Billing
1-888-265-8008 Cancellation
1-888-265-8009 Credit Requests

No comments: