Pages

Friday, November 21, 2003

Hidden Bias for Homosexuality?

I found this site in the Rice Bowl Journals forum where you can take a test to see if you are predisposed towards a negative or positive bias towards homosexuality. Brian has a similar experiment (for explicit attitudes) that he takes for his subjects in his research. Maybe he'll comment more on what explicit vs implicit attitudes mean. Other tests.

My results:

Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for GAY PEOPLE

I am not sure how conclusive this really means because I think that I should probably have more than a moderate preference as I belong in the group itself. Also, from conversations with Brian before, the choice of images and words in the test can dictate how effective it is. Try it and let me know your results.

No comments: