Pages

Monday, December 01, 2003

voyeur

"whatever, i might as well try it. i hate journals, especially online ones..but the doctor said i should keep one..that it's good for people with psychosis. nobody can read it except for the people i give the address to anyways..which right now is only three people, and will most likely not go beyond 4 or 5 people." - cop on fire (11.25.2003)

I feel like a voyeur. I was just surfing blogs when I came across this one. I don't know what it is about this guy, but his writing was so compelling in a train wreck sort of way. In a way, I admire his bravery in writing about things that are real, things that are scary and painful. Even though I have read other blogs that were extremely personal, there is an honesty here that makes me think that he really thinks his blog is private.

In my own blogging, I find that I censor myself in many ways. I think about whether or not my Mom (I don't know if she reads this) would be shocked, whether anybody would be hurt by what I say or whether I would reveal confidences given to me.

There are some people who are really spilling their guts out there. What are their motives? I don't know. I just keep reading...

No comments: