Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2003

I have been having nightmares lately about school. I walk into my grad class (although it looked like my high school), and there is an assignment that is due. I panic, thinking that I would write the assignment during class and submit it at the end. I look for a spot to sit down, but I found that the classroom is not our regular classroom but a much smaller one with half as many desks. All the seats are taken and the class is starting. I wake up.

I am currently in the MBA program at DePaul University and this is my last semester. I had been totally excited before about graduation and my accomplishment. However, with my current situation, I have been totally unmotivated to do more than what I need to do to get by. Today is the most work I have done for class, researching topics and preparing presentations. However, I have not read either textbook which I had thought I would thoroughly enjoy as they pertain to eBusiness. In a way, I am angry at being laid off and being put in this position where I cannot be happy with my achievement. But at the same time, since part of my severance package pays for my tuition for this last semester, I certainly grateful that I can finish it. One bonus of my being laid off is that I don't have to pay back the tuition reimbursements that the company paid on my behalf. The total would have been somewhere in the $40,000 range.

No comments: