Pages

Saturday, January 03, 2004

Manifesto



Hello, I'm Paul. Welcome to my weblog. First, an explanation: I don't drink milk, and I avoid all milk products. I hate cheese. Nope, I am not lactose intolerant, or a vegan, just not into the whole dairy thing. Occasionally, I will eat some pizza or ice cream, so don't look at me strangely if I do. I'm sure some of you don't eat cauliflower, brussel sprouts, mussels, curry, or entire categories like meat, seafood or green leafy vegetables--so I'm not so different after all.

Surprisingly, my lack of desire to eat any dairy doesn't really affect the range of cuisine I enjoy, although it's kinda hard finding something to eat in a french bistro with all the heavy cream sauces they use. I do have a preference for asian food. Duh.

I am a thirtysomething queer asian, a twin, a wannabe rockstar. I live in Chicago, in an area frequently referred to as Boystown where a lot of gay folk live. I like the word "queer" because it is inclusive of the diversity of our community. However, you may call me anything you like: gay, homo, fag--they are just words.

This weblog is not about anything political, religious or of any specific social issue. It is just my worldview, my ramblings. Frequently, it is about inconsequential things like tv shows, music, movies, guyz. My tongue is firmly in cheek--don't take anything I write too seriously. So, relax, stay awhile and please feel free to put in your two cents and join the fray.

No comments: