Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Three Reasons

There are three reasons why I don't enjoy cooking:

1.  I hate touching any kind of raw meat.  Raw meat reminds me of the animal that it used to be: the soft/firmness, the slight give when you cut into it; the non/smell of the thing you're cutting that I equate with death.

I have to cut meat into tiny pieces because large hunks of meat makes me think of the side of cow/pig/donkey that it came from.

Sometimes this bothers me so much that even after I finish with the cutting or slicing and I am way into the pleasure of the cooking and the delicious smell of roasting or frying is in the room, the memory of the raw meat will waft into my brain and lodge itself in there.  It makes me queasy just thinking of it.

2.  I have difficulty following recipes which I think are geared more towards someone who is generally less picky than me,  with my aversion to dairy, organ meat, most vegetables.

3.  I'd rather watch TV.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah unlike you I'm not freaked by raw meat. And let me tell you there's nothing like slapping a piece of meat on a hot grill. The meat, the fire, it's good!